Can I suspend my Car Insurance policy?

If you are not using your car during this period you have the option to suspend your cover.

To be able to suspend your cover you will need to register your car as off the road with the DVLA - Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) for a minimum of 30 days and maximum up until your next renewal date (however you will need to contact us every 30 days to advise if suspension will continue).

You have the option to suspend your cover completely or you can choose to keep your car protected against fire and theft. While your policy has been suspended you will not be insured to drive your car.

Depending on your payment method, monthly payments can be immediately amended, and if you pay annually we will arrange a refund for the difference in premium. These options and full terms and conditions can be discussed when you call us or speak to one of our Live Chat Team (they’re online Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 9am-2pm).