What type of alarm do I need?

If we apply an 'intruder alarm endorsement' to your home Insurance policy, you must make sure that your house is fitted with an intruder alarm which is in working order. This must be approved by the NSI (National Security Inspectorate) or the SSAIB (Security Systems Alarm Inspection Board) and must be linked to an alarm receiving centre that will refer to the police when necessary and must be tested and serviced regularly under a maintenance contract. Your alarm provider will be able to advise on the best type of alarm for you if, for example, you have children or pets.