Do I need to let you know if I or anyone in my household will be working from home?
If you have home insurance with us and are now doing general office work from home, you don’t need to let us know and your cover will continue as normal unless you:
- have visitors to your home related to your work
- make or sell goods from your home or you store stock of these at your home
- have adapted your home i.e. using an outbuilding as your home office or undertaking renovation works
- have acquired new business equipment that belongs to you. Cover for any business equipment will usually be the employer’s responsibility but check with your employer if unsure.
- Have established, or are planning to establish, a business from home during the pandemic, or have moved the running of your business to your home premises
If you do need to let us know, you can speak to our Live Chat Team (they’re online Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 9am-2pm).