Can I claim if my holiday gets cancelled?

If your trip has been cancelled, your first step should be to contact your travel and/or accommodation provider for a refund. If you paid any part with your debit or credit card, you may also contact the payment provider for a refund.

Claiming a refund from either your travel operator or your card provider may lead to a better outcome for yourself than claiming via your travel insurance, as you may be able to claim the full amount you paid without having to pay an excess.

You could also potentially recover losses for all the party members on the booking, some of whom may not have taken insurance.

You can find further useful information on refund options available and check if they apply to you on the Money Advice website:

However, if you’ve been unable to get a refund from your travel and/or accommodation provider or your payment provider, please contact us to make a claim.