Do I need a paper copy of my Green Card?

You do not need to carry a green card when you drive in the EU (including Ireland), Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia, and Switzerland.

Details can be found on: 

All you need to do is carry a copy of your certificate of Insurance to prove you have the minimum legal cover to allow you to drive. If you want the same cover you have in the UK you will need to contact us to upgrade your cover. 

To upgrade cover please call us on 0345 045 1000, or you can chat to someone in our Live Chat Team.

If you are driving with a trailer or caravan, you may need to register it before travelling. Details can be found at: 

*The cover provided under Green Cards issued for the Republics of Cyprus and Serbia is restricted to those geographical parts of these countries which are under the control of their respective governments. For more information, please consult the Council of Bureaux by clciking here